Saturday, September 11, 2010

Racing Sports Active Low Profile Headlights: Update #1

As you have already seen on here, a few weeks back my RS Active headlights turned up in the post. To my suprise the glass lenses had a blue/ yellow tint to them. I thought it was just a coating until I realised that the colouring was in the glass. As I had always wanted clear lenses I set to work and emailed a few people about them. This morning I met up with a guy off the forum I go and we swapped lenses. The headlight need refurbing so watch the space. Nothing a bit of sanding and painting won't fix.

Aluminium oxide on the edge of the glass lenses. I sanded one down earlier back to the bare metal for painting,
I found out that the PIAA bulbs that came with the lights are very expensive too so that's a bonus!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
coompax-digital magazine