Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fixing Parts Yourself

A few items turned up in the post recently and I have been trying to use my spare time for refurbing parts. Here is a little update.
RS Active low profile headlights are now finished, all that's left it to find some replacement screws as a lot were already rounded.

These came in the mail recently. A Nardi wooden gear knob from an NA6 V Special and a Beatrush collar from Rev9 Autosport. I pick up the Nardi gear knob off ebay cheap as it was beat. I started to sand it down but it was obvious it would take ages. My parents said that one of their friends is great with wood so I went round there yesterday and he turned it on his lathe. The result was amazing compared to when I bought it. We treated it with french wood oil and then I used some clear gloss.
I started to spray the Cusco strut brace too. I ended up using Vauxhall Arden blue after I did a bit of research and found a guy on Driftworks used this colour too. It's not quite a colour match, but very close.
It still needs a few more coats.
Last but not least, I'm slowly getting there with stripping off the black paint from the B type Watanabe's.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
coompax-digital magazine