Sunday, October 10, 2010

Intake and Rotate

As I am planning on having my BP4W head port polished and having the valves 3 angled I have been looking into cams. My first port of call was Chikara Motorsport for their Maruha products, but the prices are just too much right now. I had a look on the 949 Racing site and saw they sold a Mazdaspeed intake cam. I did a bit of research and it all sounded promising as this cam has slightly higher lift and longer duration compared to the standard cam. After reading reviews it seems that this cam pulls all the way to 7,500 rpm instead of tailing off at 6,600 like the standard cam. Cut a long story short, the UK and Japanese markets came with this Mazdaspeed BP5A cam as standard, so when I bought that head off ebay a few months back this has been sitting in my garage and I was unaware! It is in good condition with no wear as well.

It won't be an aggressive lumpy cam, but it will pull all the way to the redline and it has saved me the cost of buying a new one.

On another note, I have finally stripped all the black paint of my B Type Watanabe's. Atleast I can't complain that the Halfords paint didn't stick on properly as it took three goes withe Nitromors to shift the paint.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
coompax-digital magazine