Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Revlimiter: Custom Dials

Since getting an RS Products gauge fascia over Christmas I have wanted some new dials for the Roadster. Having spent time looking at various JDM dials a lot of them only came reading KMH. As I want dials reading MPH I got in Revlimiter off Club Roadster (http://www.revlimiter.net/).

Adam who runs Revlimiter designs and produces dials for the MX5. Adam has many of his own designs but he also makes a superb replica of the M2 1028 dials. After going to the Silverstone Classic last summer I had already decided on what style of gauges I wanted. I got in touch with Adam and here is the result.

I instructed Adam to put the redline at 7,250 rpm. I just hope I got it right but if not I'll just cut a small piece of black tape to match the background and place it over the redline marker. In the future I imagine I'll be contacting him again to design and make a rev counter with a redline of 8,000 rpm when my car can actually do that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
coompax-digital magazine